The Pendleton School District assures that no person shall on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or income as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related authorities, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Pendleton School District sponsored program or activity.
Pendleton Public Library Cards
The Pendleton Public Library has undergone massive changes over the last five months. They have shifted some of their priorities, adapted their offerings, and considered new ways to serve the public as a result of COVID-19. As a result, they are reaching out to every student in the Pendleton School District.
Below is a letter from the Library to Parents:
The Pendleton Public Library is committed to issuing a Public Library Card to every school-aged child in our community between the ages of 6 and 17. With a Pendleton Public Library card, your child can access the library’s online resources such as FREE eBooks, audiobooks, educational databases, and testing resources.
The school closures caused by COVID-19 prevent students from accessing their school library and this puts them at a disadvantage in a time when access to books and information is more important than ever.
To help bridge this gap we are prepared to do the following:
- Give every child between the age of 6 and 17 a clean slate on their existing library card (meaning waive all late fines and lost item charges).
- No longer hold individuals responsible for the fines generated on a family member’s card.
- Allow parents whose children do not currently have cards to register for a child’s card online.
- Mail physical cards to each child registered.
- Send Youth Services Librarian Briana White to EVERY Google Classroom in the district to explain to each class of students how they can use their card and what advantages it offers them.
All you need to do to register your child for a library card is click the link below and fill out the online application. Cards will be mailed within a week of receiving your application. In addition to our online resources, these cards will be valid for use within the library and we encourage you to bring your student in to see us!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful school year,
Pendleton Public Library, Director
Student Card Application: https://forms.gle/vcgVS4p3Caf7BY3R9
*Note: Applications for adult library cards and children under the age of six still must be filled out and turned in, in person.