About Our School
At McKay Creek Elementary School it is our mission to help each child reach his or her greatest potential, and to provide a curriculum that will foster the skills, knowledge and attitudes necessary to live a successful, healthy, fulfilling, and informed life.
Statement of Purpose
At McKay Creek Elementary:
1. We strive to provide a nurturing environment in which all children can flourish and grow, and enhance their self-worth.
- We care about and accept responsibility for all children within our school family.
- We strive to meet the individual needs of all of our children.
- We respect one another and believe in setting and modeling appropriate behavioral standards for all students.
2. We strive for academic excellence in a stimulating school environment.
- We try to instill in all children a love for learning.
- We believe instruction should be relevant to children’s lives.
- We continually examine our curriculum and instructional practices to ensure educational growth and the best possible program for children.
3. We value close ties among children, staff, parents, and the community.
- We value frequent contact between parents and staff to ensure a connection with all aspects of school life.
- We work together and plan whole-school experiences as well as activities across grade levels.
- We strive for mutual understanding and respect between the school and the community.
WE ALL SHARE A SENSE OF PRIDE IN BEING ASSOCIATED WITH THE MCKAY CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FAMILY!